about the artist
Jim Murrin is a native Ohio artist known for oil paintings of city scapes and landscapes with a focus on geometric structure and color. Alongside a career in dentistry, Murrin pursued his artistic passion at Columbus College of Art & Design. His artwork has been exhibited at the Century Association in New York City, ConnectArt in Cuba, as well as many galleries and museums across Ohio, including the Columbus Museum of Art, the Springfield Museum of Art, OSU Urban Art Space, the OSU Faculty Club, and the Sharon Weiss Gallery. In 2016 Jim Murrin was awarded The Community Arts Partnership Award by the Greater Columbus Arts Council. Jim is represented by Sharon Weiss Gallery, in the Columbus Short North Arts District.
20 East Lincoln Street
Columbus, OH 43215
exhibits and awards
- Jim Murrin, New Paintings, solo exhibit, May 1-31, 2020 pending, rescheduled for later this year, Sharon Weiss Gallery.
select past exhibitions
- Cuba in Columbus, October, 2019, Sharon Weiss Gallery
- ConnectArt, Matanzas, Cuba, April-May, 2019
- Columbus Museum of Art, Art for Life 2018.
- The Mithoff Lancaster, Ohio Artists of Today, July, 2018.
- Sharon Weiss Gallery, From Here to Havana, solo exhibit, August, 2017.
- Georgian Museum, Lancaster, The Lancaster and Fairfield County Paintings, July, 2016.
- The Ohio State University Faculty Club, Sea and Ski and the Road Between, solo exhibit, November-December, 2015.
- The Century Association, New York City, Going to Town, Cityscapes from the Collection of Remak Ramsay. October, 2015.
- Sharon Weiss Gallery, Jim Murrin Recent Works, solo exhibit, May, 2015.
- The Ohio State University Urban Arts Space, OAL 98th Annual Spring Juried Exhibition, 2009
- Springfield Museum of Art OAL 97th Annual Spring Juried Art Exhibition, 2008.
- Reed Arts Columbus, The Operation is Art, Physician Painters, 1998.
- The Columbus Arts Partnership Award, 2016.