about the artist
Jim Murrin is a native Ohio painter known for oil and acrylic landscapes and urbanscapes favoring geometric shape and bold color, as well as strong contrast between light and shadow. Alongside a career in dentistry, Murrin pursued his artistic passion at Columbus College of Art & Design. His artwork has been exhibited at the Century Association in New York City, ConnectArt in Cuba, as well as many galleries and museums across Ohio, including the Columbus Museum of Art, the Springfield Museum of Art, OSU Urban Art Space, the OSU Faculty Club, and the Sharon Weiss Gallery. In 2016 Jim Murrin was awarded The Community Arts Partnership Award by the Greater Columbus Arts Council. His paintings are found in collections across the country. Jim is represented by Sharon Weiss Gallery, in the Columbus Short North Arts District.
20 East Lincoln Street
Columbus, OH 43215
exhibits and awards
- Letters from Cuba-Letters from Ohio, four cities in Cuba, March, 2021
- Letters from Cuba-Letters from Ohio, Columbus,OH, July, 2021
- Letters from Cuba-Letters from Ohio, New York City, November, 2021
select past exhibitions
- Jim Murrin, Recent Works, solo exhibit, September, 2020, Sharon Weiss Gallery,
- Cuba in Columbus, October, 2019, Sharon Weiss Gallery
- ConnectArt, Matanzas, Cuba, April-May, 2019
- Columbus Museum of Art, Art for Life 2018.
- The Mithoff Lancaster, Ohio Artists of Today, July, 2018.
- Sharon Weiss Gallery, From Here to Havana, solo exhibit, August, 2017.
- Georgian Museum, Lancaster, The Lancaster and Fairfield County Paintings, July, 2016.
- The Ohio State University Faculty Club, Sea and Ski and the Road Between, solo exhibit, November-December, 2015.
- The Century Association, New York City, Going to Town, Cityscapes from the Collection of Remak Ramsay. October, 2015.
- Sharon Weiss Gallery, Jim Murrin Recent Works, solo exhibit, May, 2015.
- The Ohio State University Urban Arts Space, OAL 98th Annual Spring Juried Exhibition, 2009
- Springfield Museum of Art OAL 97th Annual Spring Juried Art Exhibition, 2008.
- Reed Arts Columbus, The Operation is Art, Physician Painters, 1998.
- The Columbus Arts Partnership Award, 2016.